Suede shoes or suede boots look great and are very stylish. But the unstable weather makes us suffer more. Thus, they require more special care, for mud, salts and grease are deposited in the skin of suede shoes. For this reason, many of us give up this type of footwear, preferring materials more practical in this regard.
Currently on the market, there pretty good solutions to protect suede shoes. But what to do if the shoes still was dirty, how can you quickly clean them?
I would like to propose a series of steps that you need to consider in such a case:
1. Dry the shoes by filling them with paper. Drying should happen naturally, without additional heat sources.
2. Once dry, the shoes should be cleaned with a special rubber brush, but if you don’t have something similar, you can use an eraser or rye bread shell.
3. If the shoes have remained traces of salt, soak a sponge in water, then give it a homemade soap without dyes and wipe shoes. You can then remove the foam with a clean sponge.
4. The traces of salt may also be removed using a solution of ammonia and water in a ratio of 1: 4. Soak a cloth in the solution and wipe traces of salt, then wipe again with a clean canvas shoes.
5. Dry the boots again, then wipe with a soft brush. If you have a hydrophobic spray, apply it as instructed.
6. The small scratches may be removed with a mixture of 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 cup of skim milk. Periodically, wipe the shoes with this solution.
7. Grease stains are easily removed using gas lighter. Soak a cloth in it and wipe the stain and wipe it off after an hour with a soft brush. If the shoe was used low quality paint, it can change their color to that, so we recommend that you first try this method in a less visible area on footwear.
8. The grease spots can be removed with the aid of starch or talcum powder. Dust mats on the stain and wait an hour, then wipe the stain with a soft brush. The method is particularly effective against fresh stains.
9. If the skin has turned pale, it can be cleansed of salt and other dirt stains with a solution of 1 cup of warm water, 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon of ammonia. Soak in this solution a cotton disk and carefully wipe the shoes.
10. Brown suede shoes can be cared for using coffee grounds. Apply the grounds on wet shoes and wipe them with a soft brush, and after they have become dry wipe them clean with a brush.
11. When the skin turned white, it can be cleaned with a mixture of chalk dust and tooth powder in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply the mixture on your shoes and leave it for several hours, then wipe the shoes with a soft brush.
Image Credits: Care for suede shoes